Ugly Cat Speaks

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Operation Enduring Freedom

This is one of the original emails that got me started with my obsession.
I believe I sent it out around Memorial Day.

Operation Enduring Freedom

When pondering things
people endure
the images that appear
make me unsure

I see women with babies
eating scraps from the trash
I see firemen removing
bodies from ash

I hear countries pleading
for the World's helping hand
I see tribes of people
fighting for land

I know of silenced voices
and loud-spoken lies
cherubic assailants
with hate in their eyes

There are leaders who follow
their own tainted paths
and lead innocent soldiers
into hopeless bloodbaths

If we're fighting for Freedom
and this cause is pure
why has it become
something to endure?

ltv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home