Ugly Cat Speaks

Thursday, November 19, 2009

24 (oops, I mean 25) and Counting....

In my unofficial stab at the 30 poems in 30 days, I am making beautiful progress. If I could only get focused on finishing chapter 14 of my novel, I would be as happy as can be!


Semantics

is peace the absence of war
or is war the absence of peace

perhaps they are, in fact, two completely
separate and unrelated things

war is political -- greedy, bloody politics
infringing on each soldier’s, each civilian’s
inner sense of calm – the peace –
the freedom – of living as one chooses

ltv
11/17/09



[untitled]

peace is warranted
as war tears a country
its soldiers, its people
into pieces

ltv
11/17/09




Unique Opportunity


dreams can be torture
a Sisyphean nightmare
of futile desires
reminding me of
the things I’ll never have
and the choices I made
that left me here
alone looking at McMansions
with no capital and
nothing to fill them

ltv
11/19/09

I don't like the poem above, it seems far too depressing (and for me that's saying something!) So I tried to write a response poem, but ended up beating myself up while trying to point out the fallacy of the sentiment above. Oh well, I promised the denizens of the Interwebs (like THAT would hold up in court!) that I would post EVERY poem I wrote in November, so here is my response:


Response to Unique Opportunity

if homes were made
from the impressions
we leave on others
yours would contain
so many beautiful rooms
that you never would see
since you insist on
living in the basement

ltv
11/19/09

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home