Ugly Cat Speaks

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Time to Move On

Dear Mr. President,



As a girl who was not very political, I couldn't imagine a better President than you: George W. Bush. You have enabled me to find my inner political activist (such as it is) and get interested in the goings-on (shenanigans, if you will) of the White House, Congress and politics in general. I learned things that will stay with me a lifetime. For instance, this White House Administration will support legislation to preserve the “sanctity of marriage”, but will not support one outlawing torture.



I can honestly say that you have inspired passion in me, at least for a short while. I think a lot of people in this country feel passionately about you. And I’m not just saying that because it’s Valentine’s Day. No, I think it’s safe to presume that the passion involved here is not of the “love variety” (unless you count Condoleeza Rice on a technicality). But it is passion, nevertheless, and that does say something about you. I’m not exactly sure what that something is yet, but it does say something.


I never thought I would become jaded with the antics of the White House (although I must admit that this past weekend’s hunting trip had my mouth dropping for just a little bit). But like all passions, this too shall pass. And while there is still plenty to write about, I must bid you adieu. (If you would also like to say farewell to your administration, that would be okay too.)


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home