Ugly Cat Speaks

Monday, October 31, 2005

Time to Expand My Horizon

Dear Mr. Bush, ahem, I mean, President:

I fear I am beginning to sound like a broken record. I also fear that more than half the people on the internet today have no idea what a broken record sounds like. I have been writing for months to you about the war in Iraq (which I still oppose, by the way, so quit it right now) and feel that so many other topics have been left to fend for themselves in the media (or in other people's blogs, or in parody on The Daily Show or SNL, etc, etc). I haven't gotten much response from you when I have focused my complaints on the war in Iraq; I suppose I just want to see if you are an equal opportunity "ignorer".

If I wrote to you about God would you ignore me? If I asked you why there seems to be a lot of indictments flying around Washington and they all seem to be missing both yourself and Karl Rove, would you ignore me? If I pointed out that "Intelligent Design" has about as much place in a Science class as rainbows have in Algebra, would you ignore me? If I challenged you to stop this ridiculous political game and start finding a way to improve this country's MORALE (NOT MORAL, let each family worry about that themselves), would you ignore me?

I'm not a big corporation with lots of money to give you. I am not a political pundit who will help you win influential votes in Congress. I am not the gun lobby nor am I the tobacco lobby. I am not even a member of your Presidential Prayer Team who will pray for you and other American political leaders. (In case you forgot the website address: http://www.presidentialprayerteam.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ppt_homepage) (And don't forget the kids! http://pptkids.org/index.php). I am just one of your constituents. And I want to be heard.

So from now on, no matter what the topic; I'll email you about it. (If I think it has anything to do with you or if I think you can do anything about it as President.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home