Ugly Cat Speaks

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Pity? Party of one?

Hello all,

Forgive my whining, but I have had just about enough of this. If you have been reading these posts, you'll know I have had a horrible month and a half dealing with a cat bite infection in my finger and an antibiotic-induced infection in my colon. Well, I was finally starting to feel better, when IT started again: the unpleasantness (in lieu of a more descriptive term). I immediately call my doctor and she has me provide a sample for testing. (This was last Wednesday.) I was quite relieved (no pun intended) on Thursday when I was told it was not clostridium difficile (c-diff).

By Sunday I was well enough to take my friend out to lunch for her birthday (I even ate french fries!). No problems all day. Then BAM! Monday morning I awake to unpleasantness. All day, sick. Starting to feel better by Tuesday, so I risk the thinnest slice of cheese pizza since we were finally having our "going away" pizza party at work (even though we still won't be going away for another two weeks). I knew it was a stupid move, but I did it anyway since I was feeling really hungry. I had a doctor's appt later that day and she ordered more tests and told me it was probably just my IBS acting up (look it up on Google if you don't know what it is). But there was more unpleasantness Tuesday afternoon/evening. So, I decide, WTF, I'm already sick, I might as well have the leftover chicken caesar wrap from Sunday. Consequences be damned!

Except, there were no consequences that night at all. And on Wednesday, I awoke feeling fine. I had eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast and still fine. Great I thought, I am getting better. I eat sensibly all day (just in case), and this morning (it's Thursday for anyone not keeping track)I wake to BAM!: unpleasantness. Now, I'm beginning to believe it is just my IBS acting up. Even though I have been successfully managing it for ten years, clearly, I must be doing something wrong now. Anyway, I call my doctor to see if she still needs a third sample from me (believe this gets so old, so fast). The nurse says, oh thanks for calling back.(I wasn't, but when I got home I realized they had left a message for me even though I continually tell them to call my cell phone.) Well, it turns out I have c.diff again. And the treatment this time is 30 days of antibiotics. Yummy, I can almost feel that metallic taste crawling from the back of my tongue slowly down my throat. She says the prescription will be called in to my pharmacy by the end of the day.

4pm today, I get to Stop & Shop and decide to shop first since technically it wasn't the end of the day yet. By about 4:20pm, my shopping is almost done and I check in with the pharmacist. The response: sorry, no prescription was called in. I call my doctor's office (now it's twenty to five) and get this: "Well, it will be called in by the end of the day, oh wait, what time is it? Oh, well, she's in with someone, I'll have her do it when she gets out." By 5pm there was still no prescription called in. So, I said FUCK IT. If my doctor is not that concerned about it, why should I be? I went home; crying of course, because I didn't get any sleep last night, I felt sick all day and found out that the nasty colon infection is back which also means that the likelihood that it will KEEP recurring has just increased. (Some websites I read had stories from people dealing with this thing for years!)

So, if that wasn't bad enough, here's what happened Monday when I came home from work (still sick). I discovered Sappho having some sort of seizure (similar to the one I previously posted about). I call the vet and he says that if they are happening one or two months apart there's nothing to do but wait to see if they get worse. This could turn out to be one of my worst years ever.

That's all my whining for the day. Now that it's out I am going to remind myself that life is still good and tomorrow is another day and some other cliche that means everything will be all right. I'll have a good dinner and watch some sci fi programs online.

Side note: This not having cable thing is awesome ever since I found this site: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/ I am actually ahead of the US Sci-Fi channel viewers on the third series of Doctor Who. And, yes, I am just that big of a nerd to be pleased about that! Deal with it. :*)

Oh, and one more thing, I've managed to kill my cactus plant. I think it is safe to say that I do NOT have a green thumb.

1 Comments:

  • What a horror show. And I thought I had it bad because of my rosacea flaring up. Well, Laura, I hope you soon see light at the end of this tunnel you're in. I would write more of a supportive nature, but my daughter is behind me watching Supernatural and whining "When are you going away?", so I'm gonna shut down my computer and go upstairs now.

    By Blogger Bob Hoeppner, at Thu Jul 05, 08:28:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home