Ugly Cat Speaks

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

sadness visits

Even though I am focused on writing this novel (which is going slowly but at least moving forward) I can't seem to escape writing poetry.


sadness visits

tightness in the chest
pain in the center of my being
so strong I have to believe it is physical
fixable by something outside of myself

somewhere someone has a pill or
a needle they can stick in my arm
to make the pain go away
but it remains there hiding
in the folds of my brain
long after the drugs wear off

it sneaks into my consciousness
tricks me into putting it to sleep
because it needs me to be out of control
it feeds on the chemicals I give it
hoping to consume me completely

but I am stronger than it is
I learn how to starve it
to cleanse the poisonous thoughts
from every cell in my body
I finally wake up
and make it known
that I am not its home anymore

ltv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home