Ugly Cat Speaks

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Some depressing new poems

I'm going back to my poetry angst roots here. You may want to have a Rodgers & Hammerstein musical on hand to cheer you up after reading these. (I am going with a Pixar film to cheer me up. That always works!)

a new home for Mackenzie

i cut a piece
of my heart out
gave it away
to where I thought
she would be happiest
i was hoping
she would let me know
how grateful she was
or how miserable
but silence gives me
no clues about
her well-being
and I am only left
with a bleeding heart

ltv



[untitled]

when on the ledge
sometimes it feels
that stepping down
is how you heal
since climbing up
has yet to gain
anything more
than further pain

but letting go
is not to quit
if leaps of faith
are requisite
unless one step
is too far out
decisions hang
on crags of doubt

the comfort of
a stable ledge
with rocks to hold
along the edge
makes us rather
take shelter here
than leap or climb
and face our fear

ltv


how not to drown

stop
breathing
long enough
to stop the water
from flooding
your lungs
weighing
you down
don’t
search
for the
bottom
with
your
toe
just
let
go
of
the
fear

ltv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home