Ugly Cat Speaks

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Turkey Day, Tofurky Day, Turducken Day, or Sit On The Couch, Watch the Macy's Parade and Avoid the Relatives Day -- whatever you call it, however you celebrate the day off from work -- ENJOY!

And, of course, the daily poems from November (which, regrettably, are not so much "daily" as much as they are "whenever I get to it").


[untitled]

no poems on the weekends
as if they were a chore
an errand to complete
a dull and arduous bore
yet the time that I write
is before my morning drive
a few lines with my coffee
helps me feel alive
so it can’t be a burden
(though rhyming can get tough)
it’s a little stress relief
(though probably not enough)

ltv
11/23/09



[untitled]

what stops in my brain
the novelty – the challenge
to let the mundane worries
of forty hours conquer
the rest of my time
to keep me from crafting
drafting poems in some form
is it chemical -- like depression
emotional – like stress
or physical – like pain
or does it go back
to Schrodinger’s cat
the answer is unknown
until I look inside

ltv
11/25/09



Onion Slaw

the shredding is the easy part
sometimes someone’s
already done that for you
the trick is
keeping it from getting soggy
soaking in the acrid juices
and ruining what is
essentially healthy
when properly prepared

ltv
11/26/09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home