Ugly Cat Speaks

Sunday, January 02, 2011

A Couple of Poems

You see what I did there? The poems are about relationships, get it? Okay, enough self-appreciation. I am posting these two recent poems because I am a poet and they deal with my life. I am not naming anyone in the poems, nor will I confess that they are, in fact, about a particular person. As with all of my poems, the content is an amalgam of experiences and people which get filtered through my brain and emotions and end up as poetry. If anyone has a problem with that, I'm sorry. No, strike that. I am not. Grow up and deal with it. (Besides, there are only a handful of people who actually read this blog.)


My love is a dead, red rose

My love is a dead, red rose
That is rotting on the stem
My love is a knitted sweater
That is unraveling at the hem

As dark as you, my fiendish mate
So callow was my love
And I will owe you, still, I fear
For ridding me thereof

For ridding me thereof, I fear
My heart was turned to stone
O, that I can love again, I fear
Our days are spent alone

And fare you well, my lonely love
And fare you well a while
For you will always wear a scowl
But I have learned to smile

ltv




S******e Stalemate

POST REMOVED

ltv

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home