Ugly Cat Speaks

Sunday, April 02, 2006

On Poetry and Inspiration

Just a random collection of new and old on the topic of poetry and inspiration.


Coveting Poet

I want to steal
the words
so prettily placed
beside meaning
and image
I imagine myself
slipping through
your pen or fingers
and blending
with those
characters
you've created
walking them
from the page
to where they
will be held captive
by my attention
until the next time
I read your work

ltv


A Plea to A Muse

I've lost my poetic muse
I don't know where she's gone
I thought I saw her yesterday
out on the neighbor's lawn

But it was merely children
playing hide and seek or such
So still I'm looking for my muse
I can't recall her touch

This morning I thought I heard her
dripping down with the dew
but birds were singing loud today
No word I wrote was new

At lunch I almost found her
in the smile of a man
but sharply I dismissed the cad
and startled -- my muse ran

Dinner's done and still she lags
my muse has been remiss
I need -- to taste her memory --
to know her gentle kiss

If I try to search myself
I wonder what I'll find
Now, sadly, I keep looking but,
her absence makes me blind.

ltv



Emotis Insensitus #333

I collect Emotions
I capture them with words
I revel in the loud ones
I speak for those unheard

I make them safe with language
or harmless with a rhyme
I label them precisely --
display them over time

I understand what makes them tick
I sense when they are near
I sink into a camouflage
the moment they appear

but when I finally take them
the feeling is divine
to possess what someone feels
and basely call it mine

ltv



The Zen Poem

The poem is life
or death to some
with words that bite
and tickle the mind
I find that meaning
overcomes style
so that poets
after a while
become invisible
like people
and all that remains
is the feeling
after the encounter
sealing our fate
to shed these
corporal rhymes
in time to become
one with the Universe

ltv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home