Ugly Cat Speaks

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Florence Poets Society

The Florence Poets Society met tonight. Wow, that sounds almost like it should be followed by “under the cloak of darkness”. It was a small crowd of regulars (which means we get to read more of our poems)! I read some old ones (St. Andrews was a hit again) but mostly read some new stuff. Here’s a taste:


Distant Memory

I thought of you
only once today
once more
than I wanted to
and I suppose
this counts as two
having reflected
or is it three
since I stop –
to phrase it just right--
and think of you again.

ltv



AFTER

I squandered
my fairy tale
so much so
that my happily ever
lasted a few short years

perfectly matched
my Prince Charming and I
wildly gave away
the happiness we shared
until there was none left

ltv



And here's the start of a poem…

Are you hungry
for me
for all of me
will I satisfy
your desire
will you spit out
the bitter parts
the parts that were unexpected
do you have a taste
for me
for all of me
not just
when I am sweet
or hungry for you

ltv


(I’m tempted to title it “Midnight Snack” but I think that’s too trite.)

1 Comments:

  • Even with the weird tags, the strength of your work comes through. One of these days I'd like to make it to the Florence meeting. Had my daughter tonight and watched American Idol instead.

    Spit out the bitter parts? No! That's what honey is for...

    By Blogger Bob Hoeppner, at Thu Mar 09, 10:34:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home