Ugly Cat Speaks

Monday, May 08, 2006

Jester's Westfield Community Voices 5/8/06

Despite a gnawing headache I was able to read tonight (though I did leave early). I won't keep you in suspense.

Going Home

my mind exists
outside of time
and silent signals soar
from family to
my waiting brain
and I am young once more

Pains -- I thought
had healed themselves
are opened once again
unless I age myself
with words
growing wiser with my pen

ltv


Kids Today

I saw them walking in town
after the high school let out
so proud of the bump
she carried just above
the top of her trendy hip-huggers
a boy, perhaps,
if the old wives' tale is true

I wonder if their guidance counselors --
assuming each had their own --
have educated them
about how hard the road
that they have chosen to stay on is

but really --
which is worse?
the situation they face
or my initial judgement of them

ltv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home