Ugly Cat Speaks

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Florence Poetry Festival Preview

This Sunday, October 7th, is the annual Florence Poetry Festival at the Willow Sanctuary at Look Park in Florence. It starts at 12:30pm and runs to 6pm. I will be reading around 1pm.

I should be excited about this. I love poetry. I love reading poetry. I especially love reading my poetry to people who will undoubtedly enjoy it. (My confidence here is overcompensating for the touch of depression that has befallen me this week.) My lack of enthusiasm stems from the aforementioned bout of depression as well as the lack of new material (or lack of any new GOOD material). The one downside of attempting to write a novel is that my brain is not geared towards poetry as much. (Duh.) I have already started reviewing all my older poetry to find some I would enjoy reading to a crowd. I am thoroughly sick of "Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Feelings", so I will not be dragging that one back to the podium. I still have five days, maybe I'll get inspired. Maybe I will write poetry about my novel. Pirates may make for good reading.

Pirate Song

We sail upon the ocean seas
trading "fairly" for our fees
We sometimes have to deal with fleas
It's great to be a Pirate!

We sleep with anyone we can
(be it woman or be it man)
Of any sex we are a fan
It's great to be a Pirate!

We eat all kinds of citrus fruits
There's never a shortage of new recruits
We look fabulous in boots
It's great to be a Pirate!

When things get tough we curse and fight
drink countless pints throughout the night
Something about us just ain't right
It's great to be a Pirate!

ltv

Okay, maybe I WON'T write poetry about my novel. :*)

2 Comments:

  • I don't know. I'm reading your blog thinking about Aleister Crowley: "Do what you wilt shall be the whole of the law."

    Don't know if I'll be there. I have my daughter Sunday morning. If not, have a great time!

    By Blogger Bob Hoeppner, at Tue Oct 02, 03:13:00 PM GMT-5  

  • Oh, you may also consider reading someone else's poetry. I remember Lori read something of Saundra's last year.

    By Blogger Bob Hoeppner, at Wed Oct 03, 07:31:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home