Ugly Cat Speaks

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Vulnerable Side (be gentle with me)

I could write a dissertation about poetic license and how not all my writings reflect my current emotional state; but the truth is, regardless of how exaggerated they may be in my writings, the feelings began somewhere inside of me and no matter how small, I need to honor that. That being said, sometimes, the opposite is also true.


Forgive Me Flowers


Roses, scar-red
(an inviolate ruse)
remind us of pain
from a love we might lose

ltv



i cry out

i cry out in song
my heart needs to soar
why can't i let it
feel anymore

true love is calling
my destiny's here
why do i hide
when i feel it is near

i'm drawn to emotion
but only sadness
comes through
i cry out
for anything new

anything hopeful
anything true
i cry out
to the Universe
for someone like you

someone to hold me
to dab at my tears
someone to help me
Live through these years

ltv


trade-offs

cats don't warm the bed
as completely as you would
but they don't argue

ltv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home