Ugly Cat Speaks

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

In honor of the day...

Anti-Valentine

Roses are dead
Violets are too
Sugar is bad
And so are you!


I wrote this one a while ago, but it's one of my favorites:

Forlorn Haiku

water flows uphill
the Sun spins around the Earth
you love me again


This one I wrote yesterday for my sister:

Sometimes Pudding Gropples on Me

Sisters share a rivalry,
a language and camaraderie
that gloating face when reprimanded
looked away when Mom and Dad did
stolen treasures, secret crimes
knocks in closets when doing time
for all the trouble we intended
strange how close we were befriended
even now, lifetimes apart
you are intrinsic to my heart
and though my words model economy
sometimes, pudding gropples on me
but since you've been where I have been
you alway know just what I mean

ltv

And lastly, at tonight's meeting Tommy Twilite read a poem about a little girl at the Haymarket picking out a dessert of her very own. It was a lovely poem. Here was my response to it.

Sweet Dreams

proudly showcased
with one small slice
of pear beside the kiwi
(because the different greens
felt pretty together
astride the twin
split strawberries)

the lights under the counter
make the sugar coating
sweat a little
hoping to be chosen
by someone who
truly wants
the fruity concoction
with firm sweet cream
perfectly set into
a pressed cookie crust

ltv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home