Ugly Cat Speaks

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Kids Say the Darnedest Things

I know I am obsessed with two things: my cats and my nephew. Since I am at my Mom's this weekend I will spare you a cute cat story and move straight to the annoyingly adorable nephew anecdote.

James was up way past his bedtime and relatively calm about it -- happily playing and conversing (such as it is for a kid who is not quite two). The adults were all sitting around the dining room table and his mother (my sister, Heather) was showing off the words that James can say. These were the typical words a young man of his age was familar with. "What does a dog say?" "Woof." "What color is your toy?" "Blue." "How old are you going to be?" "Two." That sort of thing. Always, looking to challenge him, I asked him to say "Obama" to which he responded "Oh Mama", which got quite the laugh. We kept trying to get him to say "Obama" until Heather asked him to say "Bush". His response? "NO!" (Does he take after his Auntie Lala or what?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home