Ugly Cat Speaks

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Update on Kestra

The test results came back and it is definitely Lymphoma (cancer). Some of you already know that I found another mass on her abdomen last night. It was different from the other one as it was on the skin, not subcutaneous. Tonight after work, I found a smaller one next to the one I found last night. I am hoping I just missed it last night and they are not growing this fast. I sent a picture of it to the vet and I am waiting to hear back from him. I already turned down chemotherapy since it cost over $3000, would take two years (or however long the cat has to live) and didn't have a high percentage of working. I'm in wait-and-see mode right now. (oh joy.) I have no idea how much time she has left. The good news is that she doesn't appear to be in any pain.

Why do we do this to ourselves? We open our hearts and let them in knowing we will outlive them and hoping we don't have to see them waste away before they go. She 9 years old - not terribly old, but certainly not a kitten. Hopefully, she will live a lot longer and not require much medical intervention. I would hate to have to put her through surgery after surgery to remove tumors. I will continue to update as I know more, mostly because it's good for me to focus my attention on writing a blog than on losing a third cat within six months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home