Ugly Cat Speaks

Thursday, December 11, 2008

FloPoSo Meeting Poetry

So once again it's time for the Florence Poets Society monthly meeting and a few days ago I summoned up the willpower to write a poem (which really wasn't all that hard for me to do, but it sounds more dramatic that way). I've included it here along with the poems I wrote DURING the FloPoSo meeting tonight. Enjoy.


if i stop
the noise around me
i realize how loud
it really is
inside my head
why in bed i lie
awake waiting for
exhaustion to pull
me under the cover
of night--but dreaming
often wakes me
hour after hour
i cling to the stark
red digital certainty
as long as i can
before falling back
into that surreal place
struggling to make sense
of the images and emotions
that linger in my consciousness

ltv



a depressive's heart
opens to fellow poets
letting kindness in

ltv


satisfaction

a delicacy
to a depressive
a fitting gift
from fellow poets
appreciation
accepted

ltv



randy candy poetry

sweet purple words
swelling neatly
peachy keen
the meaning
unseen yet
known to all
as syllables
fall from each
poet's lips
interspersed with
quips and comments
fellowship felt
upstanding
uplifting
demanding
our return
each month
coming for
the villanelles
and bells of rhyming
stanzas--we sit on
torturous chairs
in the cold
air because poets
and poetry satisfy
our cravings

ltv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home