Ugly Cat Speaks

Saturday, December 27, 2008

A few forgotten poems

Merry, Happy Chrismahanukwaanzica to all! I hope everyone had a festive winter solstice feast with family and friends. (There, I think that covers everyone!) As I usually do, I brought home one of my various notebooks to write in while escaping the hilarious fun that is the holidays. (Or to avoid having to help clean the house before the company arrives.--Hey, I do my share, but sometimes, I need my quiet time!) Since I have multiple writing notebooks, I tend to forget when I write something in one of them. (Well, not so much forget, as decide that it is crap and not worth sharing with the world.) So, since I promised I would update this blog more frequently, and forewarned you that quantity would override quality, here are some poems I found from earlier in the month (and one I wrote on Christmas Day).


[untitled]

we all feel alone
it seems so real
quickly, quietly
passing these days
giving in to the guilty
pleasure of self-pity
before slipping on
the icy facade
of normalcy

ltv



Unblinded

Hope is to be avoided
if there is any chance
of reality setting in
letting in light
is painful when
you first regain
your eyesight

ltv



[untitled]

happiness sneaks in
amongst the nausea
the pain of headaches
backaches and
stomachaches -- drugs
doubts clouding reality
until the only thing
left to do is mundane
chores or simple tasks
playing with the cats
or a video game
just to trick the brain
into believing in something
other than what hurts

ltv



Remembering Dad

his birthday slips
between reindeer
hoof-prints on
the snowy roof
and memories so
far gone only the
emotion remains
yet the cost of
his grave marker
is anchored there
with the coffee
bought every morning
and the number of
days before Christmas

ltv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home