Ugly Cat Speaks

Monday, November 30, 2009

33 Poems in 30 Days

It's official! (Unless I write some more tonight.) I managed to write more than 30 poems in 30 days. Now, let's see if I can continue this streak into December or whether it stops at my birthday. (A normally prolific time for me.)


Thanksgiving Crapulence

the excess came
from sharing too much
not stopping at
one sweet morsel
but dipping into
the succulent parts
savory and extravagant
and we both consumed
even knowing we couldn’t
digest it all in one night

ltv
11/27/09



[untitled i]

if I look into
the glass and see
a monster -- am I
to blame for not
keeping the window
clean enough to see
whether the image
is a distortion
of reality or
a reflection

ltv
11/30/09



[untitled ii]

I wear ogre glasses
an angel gave to me
I sat through many classes
on how I’m meant to be
the angel showed me beauty
and how it can’t be trusted
she also taught me duty
which never can be busted
as I grew the glasses fused
onto my trusting face
until lessons were well-used
though locked within this place
deep inside without a key
I’m safe but far apart
wondering who will rescue me
the blind princess with no heart

ltv
11/30/09



[untitled iii]

emotion is a two-edged sword
both cleansing and corrupt
which leaves me feeling empty
and often times filled up
it can be wielded skillfully
not solely in defense
I’ll find my life less painful
when I finally learn to fence

ltv
11/30/09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home