Ugly Cat Speaks

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Excuse Me?

Dear Mr. President,

There is an email circulating with a link to the Reuters website showing what is apparently you writing a note. The caption reads: "U.S. President George W. Bush writes a note to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice during a Security Council meeting at the 2005 World Summit and 60th General Assembly of the United Nations in New York September 14, 2005."

The note in the photo reads "I think I may need a bathroom break? Is this possible?"
Now, I'm sure your supporters will argue that everyone is entitled to a bathroom break - and they are right. However, not only are you a grown man, but also, you are the President of the United States. Is it really that politically difficult to excuse yourself or, if you must, request a break in the summit so you can tend to your business? I mean, aren't you supposed to be "The Most Powerful Man in the Free World"? It doesn't make sense that "The Most Powerful Man in the Free World" needs to ask his Secretary of State if it's okay to use the bathroom.

I was hoping that you were a changed man after you claimed responsibility for the Federal government's role in the poor response to hurricane Katrina. I was even hoping I had something to do with that; (see my email of 9/5/05 titled "End of Days?" questioning whether we are prepared for such events) but I'm reasonably sure it was a coincidence. I thought, "wow, President Bush may be thinking on his own now. Maybe he realizes that there is more to government than politics." But, no, I am just a mere serf in this kingdom, how could I possibly understand the intricacies of politics that require our President to slip notes regarding bathroom breaks.

What part did politics play in the decision to attack Iraq? I can see you are committed to the idea of attacking the man and government that threatened your father. At what point did that outweigh honesty about the information you received about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction? At what point does politics make you do the right thing? Maybe that is what the "I take responsibility" response to Katrina is all about. Who knows? You do not inspire confidence. And you inspire even less when photos like this surface on the news.

I really hope this was doctored in some way. Perhaps it is a hoax which no one has uncovered yet. Does it bother you how many people would so readily believe it to be true?

Link to photo:
http//photos.reuters.com/Pictures/ViewImage.aspx?type=News¤tPicture=2&photo
Name=galleries/newspictures/2005-09-14T201816Z_01_UNS93D_RTRIDSP_2_SUMMIT-UN.jpg

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home