Ugly Cat Speaks

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Love Illusions Chapbook

Hey there! I have finally done something constructive with my poetry. I had a chapbook printed. It's only 38 pages, but it's lovely and I am happy with it. Here are a selection of poems from the book.

show me how to love
like a fairy tale or god
so I can be free


Love Train

Ladies and Gentlemen
tickets please
come and ride
the Love Train

the nominal cost
is due upon arrival
please give all that you have
change will be disbursed at a later date

all aboard the Love Train
making stops in Jealousy,
Uncertainty, and all
subdivisions of Pain

don't plan ahead -- but
bring all your baggage
hop on board and pray
the next stop is the last



Vampire Lover

charm wafts off you
like a French perfume
or stench entomed
for centuries

I come to you
expecting warmth

overcome instead
by heat
melting reason
and insight
I choose to invite you in

you smell my fear
my lust, my trust for you

you sink your teeth
into soft parts of me
until I become
undead like you

1 Comments:

  • to echo my MySpace comment:

    I can add my personal testimonial to your chapbook, of which I'm a proud owner. As for two blogs: that's what copy -and-paste is for!

    (which is how I did this comment!)

    By Blogger Bob Hoeppner, at Sat Feb 25, 12:30:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home