Ugly Cat Speaks

Thursday, November 13, 2008

FloPoSo Tonight

Howdy Folks, Sorry I had to bail on the FloPoSo meeting tonight. As some of you know I was recently diagnosed with degenerative joint disease which is primarily presenting as pain in the low back and neck. I have good days and bad days and, unfortunately, today was a bad day. So, enough of all of that. On to the poetry...

Though I have been working on my novel (such as it is), I do still write poetry because, as I have mentioned before, it is like breathing to me. I simply can't stop doing it. I was inspired to write tonight (Poetry Whores) and have also included a poem I wrote earlier this week (the Hope of the Lost). Feel free to check out the links to the right. I have added Rich Puchalsky's blog . Rich is a fellow FloPoSo member and has also started a writing group (of which I am a member). (Also, ask him about adding your chapbook to the UMass Western MA Poetry Chapbook collection.)



the Hope of the Lost

in that place
where the other
dryer sock goes
where echoes
start and end
like identities
where matter
succumbs
to the over-powering
gravity of a
collapsing star
Nothing comes
from Nothing
except once
when Something did.

ltv


Poetry Whores

unassuming they
listen loudly
to poet johns
linger on a phrase
moaning appreciatively
with dulcet eyes
only a cynic
wouldn't believe
their lies of emotion
which they believe
are true responses
as do you when
its your turn to read

ltv

2 Comments:

  • Greetings,

    I believe you left shortly after I read, but in case you didn't... hello! I'm em. Thanks for sharing the link to your blog. I've included the link to my website, if you're interested.

    And, as I type this comment, I send you warm wishes and hope your joints are feeling better when you read these words.

    Em

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Nov 13, 10:50:00 PM GMT-5  

  • Hey there LTV -- for Low Terrain Vehicle, I imagine -- I really liked "the Hope of the Lost". The line lengths up to "to the over-powering" are so even that the line enacts what it describes; it overpowers. "Poetry Johns" is funny, but, of course, uncomfortable too.

    I'll be reading your blog from now on; thanks for giving me the URL.

    By Blogger Rich Puchalsky, at Sun Nov 16, 06:37:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home