Ugly Cat Speaks

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Word-a-Day Language Poem

A co-worker of mine has a word-a-day calendar that she complained she routinely forget to update. When I suggested I would make a poem with the words she tore off to bring the calendar up-to-date, I should have made note of the date it was on. It turns out it hadn't been updated in several days, well, okay weeks. Still, the poetic gauntlet had been thrown down (even if I was the one who threw it) and to preserve my poetic honor I had to make good on the poem. So, without further apologies for the content here is my word-a-day language poem.

Threnody with Flageolet*

though one may glower
at the controvertible
symposiums on
laissez-faire lycanthropy
there is a fealty
to finding a theriac
to this occasionally
lethargic condition
(which is not to be
confused, as some louts
do, with brain freeze)

one may consider it
a prehensile farce
with the gumption
to ideate vicariously
through uncouth
pariahs while ingratiating
itself with its audience
without jeopardy
of a sub rosa philippic
by condoning sentient
pleonasm from a
carceral redoubt

ltv


*I swear on my poetic license that I did not omit any words she gave me as being "too difficult to include" (as I'm sure you may have guessed from the words in the poem).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home