Ugly Cat Speaks

Monday, November 24, 2008

Steven Tyler & Carly Simon



No one can accuse me of being a snob about music. The sad truth is I don't think about music very much at all. Don't get me wrong, I love music. It stirs the emotions. It's meaningful, playful, inspiring, all that crap. What's not to love? Well, I can think of one thing: music award shows. I normally don't watch music award shows, but having accidentally taped The American Music Awards Show Sunday night when 'Desperate Housewives' and 'Brothers & Sisters' were preempted (and having only three channels), I decided to see what was happening in American Music. I was not impressed. I'll spare everyone the rant about the stupid (dare I say ludicrous?) rap star names. I'll even forgo dissing on the pop women in barely-there clothes ('cause seriously, who doesn't love looking at hot, leggy women?) What shocked me the most was Steven Tyler. Yes, the frontman for Aerosmith, father to Liv, THAT Steven Tyler. Now, I like Aerosmith as much as the next person who grew up in the eighties, but when did he turn into Carly Simon? Did I miss something? Am I so out of touch with the music scene that I never saw this happening? Did everybody know about this but me?

Oh, and I noticed that Carly Simon wasn't at the show. Coincidence?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home