Ugly Cat Speaks

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Vikram Seth

For anyone not using Mozilla Firefox as a web browser, let me just take a moment to point you to where you can download it for free: Firefox. Once you have installed Firefox you can then download add-ons like Stumble Upon which will randomly take you to web pages based on the preferences you set up. I have wasted more time "Stumbling" on the web than I care to admit. The reason I enjoy doing it so much is because of the very many opportunities to run into things that are awesome. Maybe it's just me. If I find something I like, I learn more about it and often find I like it even more. Here is a very good example of this: Vikram Seth

I stumbled here and found this poem that spoke to me in a way that those of you who know me understand.

All You who Sleep Tonight

All you who sleep tonight
Far from the ones you love,
No hand to left or right
And emptiness above -

Know that you aren't alone
The whole world shares your tears,
Some for two nights or one,
And some for all their years.

~Vikram Seth


The poem lead me to learn more about Vikram Seth and, on the Wikipedia page about him, I found this gem. How can I NOT love him?!

Some men like Jack and some like Jill
I'm glad I like them both but still
I wonder if this freewheeling
Really is an enlightened thing,
Or is its greater scope a sign
Of deviance from some party line?
In the strict ranks of Gay and Straight
What is my status: Stray? Or Great?


My vote? GREAT!

Seriously, ya'll need to upgrade to Mozilla Firefox, add Stumble Upon and see where the serendipitous binary Fates lead you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home